Thursday 16 April 2015

New Cotton Candy!



Today was kind of an exciting day: after work, I whizzed home to get changed into something smart and collect hubby, before heading into town to the Council building. There, my husband took part in a citizenship ceremony and officially became an Australian!! 



We are very lucky that because of who he works for, we didn’t have to be Residents for very long before we could apply for citizenship. My citizenship test is coming up next month, so hopefully it won’t be too long before I get to do the ceremony myself!


In other news, some of the yarn I ordered from Deramores with my first pay cheque has arrived… Strangely, the part of the order that was dispatched last has arrived first, and so I am now in possession of 2 new balls of Patons 100% Cotton DK in Candy. I’m very pleased to be able to continue working on my cotton hexagon blanket, especially as the nights are finally starting to cool down a bit, so it may be ready just in time for me to get some use from it :)



Of course, nothing ever goes completely smoothly… either it’s the different dye lot, or I’ve got the colour wrong, but the new pink is not the same colour as the old pink…

You can see the new pink is quite a bit lighter


Still, this is to be a multi-coloured blanket anyway, so I’m sure it will be no big deal to have different pinks in it. And perhaps when the extra blue arrives that colour will be different, so if there are even more colours in different shades then it will probably look like I did it deliberately… ;)

Now to hope that the rest of the order arrives soon too, I can't wait to put this one all together, I'm really looking forward to seeing how it will look :)






No comments:

Post a Comment