Wednesday 2 April 2014

Yet More New Stylecraft...

I wrote here about my new Stylecraft stash. Well, that wasn't quite the whole story...





As well as wanting a new blankety project for myself, I also fancied another go at the Granny Shrug





This was so simple to make yet really effective, and I've worn it quite a lot since it was finished. This has earned me a few nice comments from people, and I fancied having another go at it in a different yarn.



I decided I would try it out in a chunky yarn this time, to get a slightly different effect - you just keep going with the granny rounds until the shrug is the right size, so adjusting for different yarn weights is no problem. I went for the Stylecraft Life Chunky in Rose for this next version.







Do you remember me mentioning these huge 400g balls of Stylecraft Special Aran with Wool too? And how much I like them? 





Well, I couldn't resist getting another one of those too, in another new colour: Orchard. I plan to make myself a cardi or shrug with this one too, but I think I will try out a different pattern for this yarn (I have my eye on a couple to choose from).





You can't really tell how big and smooshy this ball is from this photo, but I took a photo of these yarns all together so you can see how cute it is :)




It's so exciting!!!!!  But for now I must remain focussed. I need to be doing at least two rippley stripes a day on the Mumbles Ripple to get it ready in good time for its presentation to its new owners, and I'll be busy all day tomorrow on another university study day so I'd best get cracking! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment