Thursday 10 April 2014

Just a Little Note to Say...

...I will be really busy this weekend!

It's my brother-in-law's birthday celebration this weekend, and he's also recently moved in with his long-term girlfriend. Their first home together - how exiting for them!!



They live not too far from some of my family - aunts and uncles - so when my husband announced that he had the rest of the week off work, we decided to leave earlier and try to visit as many people as possible in the one trip. After all, we have limited time left in the country now that Australia is a definite, plus we still have various gifts from our South American adventures to give out.

This is also our first opportunity to give away some of our possessions that cannot come / don't need to come to Australia with us. The first step we will be making towards actually moving to Australia! 

Therefore, this morning has consisted of taking apart our spare bed so we can give it to my brother-in-law, sorting out a few plants to re-home, carefully wrapping our South American gifts for various of my family members (I hadn't been able to give them out yet as my whiplash and consequent inability to drive got in the way of visiting...) and me trying to decide what WiP stuff to take (I think I will just go with my Glastonbury Blanket squares and a wool needle. I don't think I'll have a chance to do any actual crocheting, but this way I can still deal with the ends that have accumulated, and my aunt can see the progress of her blanket).

Next up, after this nice cuppa I'm quickly enjoying, will be the dreaded packing... I absolutely hate packing, I get really stressed about it. But no time to go into that now, as we will also then need to load the car, and actually leave the house! We had hoped to get away in time to miss rush hour, but that is now looking doubtful...

Well, I think I can hear that the shower is free now, but I wanted to make sure to tell you that while I may not get the chance to do any 'real time' blogging until after the weekend, I do have some stuff that I had written up during the week for the just such an eventuality!

I am therefore going to experiment with scheduling posts to be published automatically... They should appear later today, tomorrow, and Saturday. So fingers crossed it all works out!

Have a lovely weekend! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment