Saturday 3 January 2015

Belated Happy New Year!!!



I’m a bit late with this, but I hope you all had a great New Year!!

I still wasn’t feeling 100%, and still wasn’t allowed to drink because of my medication (all over now though and am feeling much better!) so the local Mango Champagne had to stay in the fridge, and we headed out for the family-friendly free option that Townsville Council had put on: pictures in the park and fireworks displays! 

Waiting for it to get dark enough for the film


One of Townsville’s favourite places is the redeveloped seafront area, called The Strand. As well as a promenade, it has lots of other things going on, such as swimming pools, watersports clubs, fitness clubs, free to use barbeque areas and a really fun water park. It also has a park area that gets used for various events, and for NYE this park was used for films and then the fireworks.

The film has started!


It was a very tame but very nice evening, and I loved seeing the fireworks – I looooove fireworks!!!  It was really well organised for families too, as after the first film (Disney’s Planes) the first firework display was at 8.45pm. This meant that people with kids could get away earlier without missing out. It also meant that I got to see two firework displays!!

Fireworks 1: slightly obscured by the trees!


I don’t know if you guys like to make New Year’s Resolutions, I tend not to as I like to reassess whenever it seems appropriate to me anyway. I do, however, have a few goals set for 2015. More about those in another post though, as words are not flowing easily right now! 

A better view for fireworks 2 - although not a better photo!


I still have lots more posts to write properly too, from crochet to crocodiles! So I will try harder to carve out time for doing this – it’s tricky at the moment as the other half is off work for a big chunk of time right now, and he is not very compatible with me getting my own stuff done! I will try harder though, and for now I will leave you with all the best wishes for the year ahead! xx


1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, glad to hear you are feeling better xx

    ReplyDelete